Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Puncture me!!!

Yesterday I had another Dermatology appointment. He removed my Colts blue stitches, maybe that's why they lost and reviewed the biopsy with me. It definitely came back as PUPPS, much to his surprise. He is having another person read it "just to make sure." He repeatedly told me how sorry he felt for me and wished that it was Scabies, again, just so he could cure it and give me relief. After scrapping more spots it came back negative for Scabies, of course. So he sent me on my way with 50mg of steroids a day, some compound cream I had to get at the pharmacy, and an increase of Benedryl, 4 pills at a time now. He didn't let me go without saying "that is the worst case of PUPPS I have ever seen!" and preceded to take his own pictures of me.

I was going to start prenatal water aerobics last night at the YMCA but I just could not do it. I was too embarrassed to be seen so "naked-like" in my fragile state! So hopefully with the help of EVERYTHING I am trying, next week I will look more presentable, with less clothes on.

Since I am at my whit's end on what to do for my "condition" (that's what everyone seems to be calling it)I decided I would try some alternative medicine. I went to see an Acupuncturist. It was quite the experience. The guy was also a Chiropractor so I felt it was safe. By no means am I a fan of needles but we are starting to be acquaintances. The office staff was extremely nice and sympathetic to my needs. First he discussed everything and then we got started. The first visit was to realign my chi. It was all about the chi today. So I laid down and had little needles come from the sides of my ears, 3 on each of my hands, 3 on my legs and feet. The last thing he did was wrap tape around my feet. Then he ran a pulsing current through a few of the needles. At first I really was unsure of what it felt like. Then as the 20 minutes continued on I started to feel relaxed and at ease. It never did hurt but felt odd. Once again I heard what a strange case I was and that it was going to be a great challenge. When my "aligning of the chi' was over I got up and felt different in a way, maybe it was that I was light head or just really wanting to feel something. I am still itching but maybe not as much? Time and chi-ness will only tell. He reassured me that he can manage my itching!

1 comment:

Brandy P said...

I'm confident your accupuncture will work! I've heard of so many random things that it can heal, so as random as your "condition" is I think this ancient medicine has you covered. On a light note, while working on my own blog last night I can across a blog background of pink leopard print and totally thought of you!