Friday, March 20, 2009

The Life & Times of Cooper...

It has been a long time since I blogged last (over a month ago!). I didn't realize how little time you have to yourself when you have a little guy around but I definitely wouldn't trade it for the world. Here are all the latest and greatest about what had been happening in our lives.



Courtney: I have been off all steroids for about a month now, I feel much better and slowly am starting to look like myself again. I am being tapered off of all the blood pressure medicine that I was taking! Things are looking great for me, finally since it has already been 8 weeks! I guess I keep forgetting how very sick I was when he was born! Now I am starting the weight loss journey and hopefully can get rid of my acne! Purdue won the Big Ten Tournament, Awesome!!


John: says there is nothing new about him! He is still very distraught over IUs basketball season. (He's just upset because my alma mater (Purdue) is so much better!). He is excited now for the NCAA Tournament and for Baseball to start up again.



Cooper: Saving the best for last! He is growing like a weed. When he came home he was 5 lbs 15oz. 7 weeks later, 10 lbs 10 oz.! What a chunk! He is now 21 inches long! I have to use size 1 Pampers instead of Newborn and he has outgrown many of his newborn outfits. It really does sneak up on you how fast they grow. Yesterday was his first round of shots. He had all 5 of them done at once, 3 in one leg and 2 in the other. I had to hold him down on the table, it was very hard to do. I can definitely see why moms cry when they have to do that! I held it together though. My mother-in-law came up to stay with us in case he had a bad night or reacted bad to the shots. He was excellent. Just like nothing ever happened to him. He is quite the little fighter! I finally let him off of house arrest. We are now going out and about! He highly enjoys his car seat and car rides. He had made many Wal-Mart trips now. I did take our first Wal-Mart trip picture, after all it is historic...haha. I am going to close this entry with a great story from last night. Bev, my mother-in-law, was changing his diaper at 11 o'clock last night, before his bedtime feeding. He had been straining very hard to poop. When she went to change him there was a little hard pebble. Then out of nowhere he shot out a cannon of poop right at Bev. She has covered in poop! It was all over the floor, on his blanket, clothes and couch. It was hysterical! Of course I had to take a picture, so enjoy it!

No comments: