Saturday, January 10, 2009

And the Hits Keep on Coming...

This week I was referred to an Endocrinologist with the impression I was going to be put on some sort of a diet, boy was I wrong! The diet sounds so much than what I have to do now! I have to prick my finger 6 times a day to check my blood sugar levels! I am not on a restricted diet nor do I have to to give myself insulin shots but it might all be just around the corner. My levels have been OK with nothing to worry about but that was a day and a half. The doctor called on Friday to tell me to continue to log my readings and fax them again in a week. So now I carry around a little black bag ready to prick myself before and after each meal. Could it get any better?!? Is anyone really surprised that something else is happening to me during my pregnancy! Here is the kicker or best part, I past all my gestational diabetes tests and I do not have any form of diabetes but I have to act like I do as a precaution because of all the steroids I have been on. Welcome to my 34th week of pregnancy!

I also had another Dermatologist appointment this week. My PUPPS is doing amazingly well! I am now down to taking 15 mg or 1 1/2 pills a day. I've come a long way from the 7 pills I was taking in the very beginning. There has not been anymore flare ups but don't rule all that out yet. I asked if it would be possible to be off the steroids when I deliver and he thought it would be a bad idea since my body is so used to them and doesn't want to put me into shock or anything. So I will be delivering pumped full of steroids. I will see him again for the last time at 37 weeks, I cannot believe my journey with the doctor is almost over. We have really gotten to know each other and he has helped me through the hardest thing I have endured, this far. I asked what he was going to do without me coming in there and his only response was...We can write :)

Today John and I took a childbirth class. It was from 8 am to 5 pm. The class was very informative but very long and tiring. We were able to take a tour of St. Francis, the hospital I will be delivering at. I think the best part of the class was meeting all the strange other couples. I was the only one out of ten couples that did not have a specific birth plan written out and ready to follow. My plan...go with the flow and get him out my any means possible...haha.

John had an exciting week at work. He celebrated his 5th year of owning and operating McFadden Family Dentistry. His wonderfully exceptional staff had sign made for the office. It definitely made his day. Congratulations John on 5 great years and many more to come!

1 comment:

Brandy P said...

Awww, Courtney :( What a bummer. I'm so sorry this pregnancy has been so crazy. If it makes you feel any better I am going on my eighth week of morning sickness :( With Addison I only had two. Every pregnancy is different they say. I'll pray for your PUPPS and finger pricking if you pray for the end to my morning sickness...deal?!