Saturday, January 3, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



I know I am a little late on the Christmas part and even maybe a little late on the New Years too but it seems to just be my nature! Since my last post things have really been moving along. Christmas was great! My two weeks off went by way too fast. It was wonderful having Cody, my brother, home for so long. It really hits me when we are together for awhile how much I miss being around him. John says it is very scary how much we are alike! Haha. Cody is planning on coming back here for the big arrival in February! We will all see him again very soon.





As for my "condition" aka being pregnant, I was slightly sick over Christmas with a fever and laid around for the most part. It is amazing how tired I get now! Yesterday I was 33 weeks! I can't believe I only have 7 weeks to go. Part of me is surprised how fast it has went by but the biggest part can't believe he is not here yet! I am down to taking only two steroid pills a day (20 mg) and no sign of PUPPS returning. I visit the Dermatologist this coming week. The week before Christmas I took the Gestational Diabetes 1 hour test. I was sure that I would fail it due to the steroid and sure enough I did. So a few days before my break started I had to go in and take the three hour long test. I had to drink more nasty, super sweet stuff and then have my blood drawn every hour. One would think that they could just leave an IV or some drip thing in my arm but oh no, I had to get stuck 3 times in one arm and 2 times in the other. It was awful!!! Luckily I wore long sleeves or I would have looked like a pregnant drug addict with bruises all over my arms for Christmas. Yesterday I went back to the OB/GYN since I am now on the every two week schedule. I always hate going to see her, I just know something else will come up and of course it did. Although I past my 3 hour Diabetes test, I had sugar in my urine. They pricked my finger to check the sugar in my blood and it was even higher. Now I am going to be referred to an Endocrinologist to be put on a diet for the remaining 6 weeks. Can I not get one little break!?! Other than all that everything else is fine, heartbeat is great, my blood pressure is fantastic, and he is moving around like crazy! My face continues to swell/bloat at an alarming rate! It always helps to have your dad tell you, WOW look at your poor face..haha. I am definitely ready to have my body back to normal looking, I know it will never be normal again but as close as it can get, no bloating or acne would be great!






I am starting to get really excited! Coopers room is finally all done and sits quietly waiting for him. In a few weeks I will start having showers which will be a lot of fun! As I sit here typing I am in his room. It seems so peaceful and relaxing only to be disturbed in a few short weeks!






No comments: